You can save a set of palette positions and settings for the current workspace to a custom workspace file in your user folder. For example, a CAD manager might want to create a customized workspace—including palette settings—to be shared with all new users.
Note that, each time you exit the Vectorworks program, the current palette settings and positions are automatically saved for each workspace in a file in your user folder ([User]\Settings\SavedSettings.xml). The settings in this file override the settings in the custom workspace file, so the next time you open Vectorworks, the palettes are exactly as you last left them.
To reset to the saved workspace settings, click Reset Saved Settings from Vectorworks preferences: Session tab.
To save palette positions and settings for a workspace:
1. Customize the workspace in the Workspace Editor (see Customizing workspaces).
2. Place palettes in the desired position, set palette size, and set whether palettes should be minimized, or docked; see Palette display options and Docking palettes.
● For tool palettes, set the tool and tool set display and sort style, and the tool set placement option; see Tool palette features.
● For the Object Info palette, click the Shape, Data, or Render tab to set the active pane upon opening, and manually position the separator in the Data pane.
● For the Resource Manager, set the resource display style, position the pane separators, and set which panes are open; see Resource Manager layout.
● For the Navigation palette (Vectorworks Design Series required), click the desired tab to set the active pane upon opening.
3. Once palettes are positioned and settings have been established, select Window > Palettes > Save Palette Positions. A message displays the location of the file where the custom workspace was saved, in your user folder.
Was this page helpful?