● Ctrl+Shift+O (Windows)
● Cmd+Shift+O (Mac)
Set the active class and layer, the class and design layer options, and the class and design layer visibilities when you create the saved view (in the Save View dialog box). Those initial settings can be changed later from the Organization dialog box.
To edit a saved view:
1. Select the command. The Organization dialog box opens.
2. Select the Saved Views tab in Visibilities view.
The visibilities of classes and design layers for the selected saved view display.
3. Select a view to edit from the Saved View Name list.
4. If Save Class Visibility is selected in the Save View dialog box, Class Options and Active Class are enabled in the Organization dialog box. If Save Layer Visibility is selected in the Save View dialog box, Layer Options and Active Layer are enabled in the Organization dialog box. Change the Active Layer and the Active Class as necessary. Change the Class Options and Layer Options as described in Setting global visibility with class and design layer options.
5. If necessary, change the visibilities of classes and design layers as described in Visibility columns.
6. To change other saved view properties, click Edit.
The Edit Saved View dialog box opens.
The settings are the same as when the view is created. Classes and layers that were added after a view was created are listed as visible in the visibility settings.
If the layer or class visibility was saved when the view was created, Restore Layer Visibility and Restore Class Visibility are enabled. Select Restore Layer Visibility to restore the layer visibilities, the layer options, and the active layer that were set when the view was saved. Select Restore Class Visibility to restore the class visibilities, the class options, and the active class that were set when the view was saved.
Select to restore other properties, views, and display conditions that were applied when the view was created.
Saved views are saved as VectorScript macros. If necessary, click Edit Script to edit the script.
Another way to edit a saved view is through the Saved Views palette. Select Window > Script Palettes > Saved Views. Press the Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) key and double-click the view name to edit. Double-click the view script name to switch the current drawing area to the saved view.
If Vectorworks Design Series is installed, you can also edit saved views from The Navigation palette.
Was this page helpful?